Saturday, August 13, 2011

Hello Pearl

High School, Amsterdam, NY  Addressed to Miss Pearl Brockman 
Postmarked Amsterdam, NY July 30, 1916?
Pub. by Charles W. Hughes, Mechanicville, N.Y.  Printed in United States
Addressed to:  Miss Pearl Brockman
I'm having a good time and have been out twice with fellows.  
It's gala week here you know.  I think I will be home Sunday.
(no signature)
 
Guy Park Avenue, Amsterdam, NY
Addressed to:  Mrs. Henry Brockman 15 Ave B, Schenectady, NY  
Postmarked Amsterdam, NY  Poct 25, 1910  8-pm   
Published by the Valentine & Sons Publishing Co.  New York and Boston.   
I've expect to be back in Schenectady some time Friday, in the P.M., I think  Clara 
Woodland and Deal Lake, Southerly Side, Interlaken.  
Stormfeltz-Loweley-Neville Co., Developers
Addressed to Pearl Brockman, 
Postmarked Asbury Park, NJ July 14, 1914, 1pm
Dear Pearl, I'm having the time th of my life 
in bathing every day  well so long
Eleanor xxxxxx

Top:  
Hoosick River Bridge & Falls, Hoosick Falls, N.Y.  
Addressed to Pearl Brockman, postmarked Nov 4, 1913, 8 am
 I received your card.  I thank you for it.  Tell the other girls to write  O you kid
John Springer 

Bottom:  Rocky Road and Ben Hur Race, Coney Island, N.Y.  
Addressed to:  Miss Pearl Brockman 15 Ave B, Schenectady, NY
Postmarked Times Sq. Sta. July 5, 1914, 1pm  
Just a line to let you know that I am living but far away.  Billy

Addressed to:  
Miss Pearl Brockman 15 Ave B, Schenectady, NY  
Postmarked Dunkirk, NY Trans CLK.RM 8pm 1911.   
Dear Pearl, Arrived home safe  made fine connections for Dk.  
Got off the train & went right on the train for Dk.(Dunkirk)  
Didn't have to wait at all.  Got home at 2:30pm.  
Yours in love- ans. soon-- Vivian

My dear roomy,  What a nice snowy a.m.! The trees are just covered.  
I thought about you between nine and ten Wed. night.  
Doesn't it seem wonderful to be at home?  Had a wonderful time Thanksgiving day 
but of course I couldn't resist being popular and at present.  
Roomy, I'm laid up with Betty's trouble - 
reason why I'm not writing more extensively.  
It just hurts so to swallow  I'd almost rather go hungry than to eat. 
 For this reason I didn't have my hair shampooed yesterday 
and may have to wait until after we return.   
Thurs. night when our phone rang I said to my folks, "I'll bet that's Uncle Albert"  
and sure enough it was.  Called us up from Nashua, N.H.  
Since you're studying Psychology maybe you can account for it.  
The lines are all out of commission this a.m.   Mother was settled more 
than I expected but there are still many little things to be done.  
See you Tues. noon if nothing happens     Love, M.E.B.  

Yvonne wanted Dot's & V's address - her now so D's = 104 Forest Ave,  
V's 182 Washington St.   Hudson, (Mass?)   Will you give them to her?   
Pearl's friend Eleanor sure seemed to have
 a zest for life. She loved the water! Lake or ocean....
Hello Pearl,  I'm writing this at Rockaway  
Just got out of the ocean  gee it's great  
Having the time of my life  By-Bye   Eleanor    
(Postmarked  Rockaway Beach Station,  NY   Aug 23, 1915)   

Oriental Hotel, Holland, Rockaway Beach, N.Y. 

No comments:

Post a Comment